New Pokémon and details from X/Y
You can see four new Pokémon in this purported CoroCoro scan for the upcoming 3DS game — the ridable Grass-type Gogoat, the Electric-type lizard thing, the Normal/Flying-type bird Yayakoma, and the Fighting-type panda Yanchamu.
Serebii also notes that the game is set in the Karos region (in a location seemingly based on France), and has trainer customization features for hair and skin color.
New CoroCoro Scans! [currently unconfirmed, but it’s looking good!]
- The game is set in the Karos Region, which is modelled on France.
- Main city is Miare City.
- The characters are slightly customisable, up to changing hair and skin colour.
- The goat Pokemon: “Gogoat (ゴーゴート literally Gohgohto) and is the Riding Pokémon. It’s Grass-type, 1.7m and 91.0kg. You can actually ride this Pokémon in the field. It can learn Horn Leech”
- Lizard Pokemon: “Electric type, possibly Normal as well, but the name is currently unviewable due to overexposure. It has a new move called BaraboraCharge”
- Bird: “Yayakoma (ヤヤコマ) and is the Japanese Robin Pokémon. It is Normal/Flying, 0.3m and 1.7kg”
- Panda: “Yancham ( ヤンチャム) and is the Naughty Pokémon. It is Fighting-type, 0.6m and 8.0kg. It has a new move called Parting Remark”
A scan from Weekly Shonen Jump confirming that Final Fantasy X-2 will be getting the same HD remaster treatment as its predecessor, Final Fantasy X.
The article contains comparison shots between the original Playstation 2 version from 2001 with what the same scene will look like in high definition.
The remastered versions of the games will be based on their PAL/International iterations, neither of which have not yet seen release in North America.
The bundle, titled Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster, due for release later this year, will be available for Playstation 3. While both remasters will be available for Playstation Vita, they will be sold separately instead.
Apollo Justice is back for Ace Attorney 5
The hero of Ace Attorney 4 will make a return for the game’s 3DS sequel (though Phoenix Wright will return to star in the game), according to these scans from the latest issue of Famitsu.
This news seems to have crashed Court Records, so I can’t relay all the data fans have been able to deduce based on what’s shown so far, but I think it’s pretty clear from the image — Apollo is now part-mummy, which explains the bandages and missing badge. You see, mummies can’t be attorneys.
Either that, or he’s suffered burns from the bomb that went off at court (the event that kicks off Ace Attorney 5’s story). Seems presumptuous, however, to immediately dismiss the mummy evidence and accept that theory.
This week’s Famitsu reveals a new character in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII named Lumina.
According to Famitsu’s interview with the developers, Lumina bears striking resemblance to Serah Farron, Lightning’s younger sister and main protagonist of Final Fantasy XIII-2, but with a “gothic lolita” feel that keeps with the gothic-inspired art direction for Lightning Returns.
While not much was given in the way of her personality, it is said that she knows a great deal about Lightning’s actions and motives behind them, and will either serve as a guide or hindrance to those actions as she feels fit.
CoroCoro magazine has released official artwork for the new XY legendaries Xerneas and Yveltal!
It has been revealed that Xerneas and Yveltal will appear in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y, respectively.
It has also been listed that “Xerneas has a height of 3.0 m tall and weighs 215 kg, while Yveltal is 5.8 m tall and weighs 203.0 kg.”
Their official katakana renderings are ゼルネアス (Xerneas) and イベルタル (Yveltal).
New Hanokage’s Madoka Magica manga announced.
The series is going to be in 3 volumes.
The story focuses on Mami and Kyouko as the protagonists, taking place in a completely different universe than what happened in the original story. Kyouko and Mami are still close friends and the story considers the two to be friends from the beginning of their meeting after Kyouko made her wish, instead of the two fighting and going separate ways. The theme of this story is a much more brighter setting with a lot of comedy and gags.
Release dates are:
Vol 1: 10/12
Vol 2: 10/19
Vol 3: 11/12
the bottom two pictures are the rough draft of the 2nd and 3rd volumes
SUPPORT TEEN VOICES
Teen Voices is the only alternative print magazine created by and for girls in the country. Their local Boston program has a national, and even international, impact through the print and online magazines that reach hundreds of thousands of girls worldwide, and now it’s in danger.
Teen Voices is more than just a magazine; it’s a community institution:
- 87 Boston teen girls take part in SHOUT! (Sisters Helping Other Unheard Teens) and work as Teen Editors and writers for the print and online versions of Teen Voices. Girls come from the Boston neighborhoods of Roxbury, Jamaica Plain, Dorchester, Mattapan, Hyde Park, West Roxbury, and Brighton.
- Their teen constituents are 14 to 18 years of age; 82% come primarily from low-income families and 93% are girls of color (70% African descent, 18% Latina, 5% Asian), and 7% are Caucasian
- 110 Boston neighborhood teen girls participate in Poetically Speaking, a forum in the Boston Girls Writing Community.
- 6 Peer Leaders run programs and public forums.
- 35 college women and recent college graduates are trained to mentor the teen editors in their production of Teen Voices’ print and online magazines.
Like many girls, participants in Teen Voices are dealing with serious issues at home and in their communities. The issues range from racism, sexism, elitism, hunger, violence, depression, sexually transmitted diseases, sexual identity exploration, and unplanned pregnancy. For many, schools are not institutions that support their ability to address these issues, or their self-confidence. They need safe spaces to talk—with adults as well as peers—so that they can feel validated, supported, and informed. Some girls have support at home with parents, grandparents, teachers, or religious leaders; for others, Teen Voices offers a rare source of consistent, supportive adults.
Due to a recent decrease in funding, Teen Voices is in crisis and must raise $300,000 by August 1st. Please support this important, brilliant magazine by donating whatever you can and helping to spread the word.
look look lOOK WHAT I FOUND TODAY. release date: novemberrrrr….. (◕‿◕✿)
Something which also caught my sight was a few pages later:
It’s just— I love Layton’s pose there? They probably added the closed eyes for I haven’t seen that image anywhere on the internet, but imo it has some nice touch to it. uvu I think I should actually buy that magazine more often because it really has a neat design
Dengeki Nintendo Magazine Black and White 2 Information!
- You get to Castelia City via a boat.
- The player receives Running Shoes from their mother, and a map from their rival’s little sister.
- The player can search for Pokémon via the map.
- The player battles their rival in Sangi Ranch. You need to work with your rival in order to find a Herdier. If you can find one, you receive a TM21.
- You get the medal box in Sangi Town and six hints for medals.
- The player gets their starter from Bianca, and heads up to Route 19 to be shown how to catch a Pokémon. There, they meet Alder.
- You have two battles in Alder’s house, which is in Sangi Town.
- Bianca gives you the C-Gear after you beat Cheren. This unlocks the ability to trade.
- You receive a Pokédex upgrade within Route 20.
- The player can see Homika’s father’s movies once they reach Pokewood.
- In the Tachiwaki Complex, if you beat all three trainers within it, you will receive TM94, Rock Smash.
- Team Plasma are first fought in Tachiwaki and then on Route 20.
PEOPLE AND TEAMS
- Team Plasma has been divided into two groups: the original blue uniformed members, and the new black uniformed members. The new group aims to steal Pokémon in order to take over the world.
- Cheren is the gym leader of Aspertia City, officially called the Aspertia Gym. His team consists of a Patrat (Lv. 11) and a Lillipup (Lv. 13). Once you win, he gives you the TM Work Up.
- Homika’s team consists of a Koffing (Lv. 16) and a Whirlipede (Lv. 18). She gives you the TM Venoshock.
- Route 19 hosts Patrat and Purrloin to catch.
- Route 20 hosts Sewaddle, Pidove, Dunsparce, Audino, Purrloin, Patrat, Venipede, and Sunkern.
- Sangi Ranch hosts Lillipup, Riolu, Pidove, Azurill, Dunsparce, Audino, Mareep, Patrat, and Psyduck.
- Tachiwaki Complex hosts Pidove, Magby/Elekid (depending on your version), Growlithe, Audino, Magnemite, and Koffing.
- Areas in the Southwest are: Sangi Ranch, Route 20, Tachiwaki City, Pokewood, Sangi Town, Route 19, Aspertia City, Tachiwaki Complex
- The forest area near Sangi Town where you can change Keldeo’s form is called “Oath Woods”.