Agnès returns for Bravely Second ⊟
This Shonen Jump scan reveals that Bravely Default's heroine will return for the 3DS sequel. Along with the beautiful but oddly posed artwork of Agnès, we get a few tiny screenshots and a preview of job outfits for the follow-up's new main character Magnolia Arch. Thanks to @kazu4281 (via @Cheesemeister3k) for the scan!
Final Fantasy Explorers announced for 3DS ⊟
Square Enix purportedly revealed this new title in the latest issue of Jump (scan via @FarmboyInJapan). We don’t know much about it, other than the game is a multiplayer action RPG. It looks like a Final Fantasy/Crystal Chronicles-ish take on Monster Hunter? So far, it’s only announced for Japan.BUY Nintendo 2DS & 3DS/XL, upcoming games
COROCORO IS GOING TO BE LEAKING THIS WEEKEND, AND THERE IS A REALLY GOOD CHANCE WE’LL BE SEEING THE NEW DESIGNS OF MAY AND BRENDAN (or whoever the protags are of ORAS if it isn’t them for some reason)
FOR EVERY SINGLE NEW POKÉMON GAME THAT’S COME OUT SINCE DIAMOND AND PEARL, THE NEW PROTAG’S CHARACTER DESIGNS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SHOWN IN THE COROCORO LEAKS FROM MAY
May 2006: Leaked on May 11th, showed off Lucas & Dawn
May 2009: Leaked on May 12th, showed off Kris and Ethan
May 2010: Leaked on May 12th, showed off Hilbert and Hilda
May 2012: Leaked on May 12th, showed off Rosa, Nate and Hugh
May 2013: Leaked on May 11th, showed off Serena and Calem
This is a really great picture because it demonstrates the physical changes Chibiusa went through between the R and S seasons. To Usagi and everyone else in the 20th Century, Chibiusa was only gone for a few weeks/months at most, it’s clear that years have passed in the 30th Century. Chibiusa was about 5 in the R season (physically, at least) but seems to be 9 or 10 in S.
She’s also far more well-adjusted in S than she ever was in R (but let’s be fair, in R, she was only 5 years old AND dealing with the destruction of her home AND dealing with her parents and guardians being comatose; not to mention that, in her mind, it was all her fault), which allows her to form a strong and deep connection with Hotaru that’s based on selflessness and trust.
His name is Mikulio ( ミクリオ, mikurio, romanization not yet official), designed by Mutsumi Inomata and voiced by Ryouta Ohsaka. He’s one of the Divine and is Slay/Thray’s best friend. He’s invisible to normal people except to Slay.
I wish my sewing machine wasn’t in another country. I want to try the pattern so bad!
Preview of every Shadow’s character art, entrance, and exit in Persona 4 Ultimax (source)
Slay/Thray ( スレイ, surei. Again, romanization not yet official)
- Voiced by Ryouhei Kimura
- A somewhat overly sweet and kind hearted young man who is always on the positive side of things. He has an interest in the world’s ancient ruins.
Alicia ( アリーシャ, ariisha. Again, romanization not yet official)
- Voiced by Ai Kayano
- A princess who for some reason prefers to be a mere knight, and has a formal, masculine manner of speaking. She sets off on a journey when disasters and disturbances occur in the world.
Scans from Jump Magazine confirm that Square Enix will be releasing a sequel to 2012’s Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, titled Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call.
Curtain Call will include over 60 characters across the Final Fantasy series, including Ace from Final Fantasy Type-0; Zack Fair from Final Fantasy VII, Y’shtola from Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, Ramza Beoulve from Final Fantasy Tactics; Yuna from Final Fantasy X-2; and Benjamin from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest. The game will also include over 200 new songs, including those from Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, and Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII. Lastly, there will also be a multiplayer versus battle, in which players can challenge others in rhythm battles.
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call will be available for Nintendo 3DS in spring 2014.
October Corocoro Leaking!
The latest issue of Corocoro has begun leaking online, and is providing lots of news details about eh upcoming games Pokémon X & Pokémon Y. Details of the magazine contents are below. Please stick with us as we provide translations!
[UPD: 1] Here’s the cover for this months issue! Bottom right of the cover shows a new Mega Mewtwo and Mega Garchomp!
We’re still awaiting for image confirmation but the following information is said to be in the magazine:
New Pokémon and Mega Evolutions
- Mewtwo will receive two Mega Evolutions.
- Mega Mewtwo X receives Psychic/Fighting typing, along with the Steadfast ability
- Mega Mewtwo Y is Psychic Type and learn Hypnosis
- MewtwoniteX and MewtwoniteY are the two Mega Stone used to Mega Evolve Mewtwo
- Hariboogu is Chespin’s evolution, remains Grass Type and learns Mudshot
- Teerunaa is Fennekin’s evolution, it remains Fire Type and stands on two legs with a tree branch stuck in its tail. It can learn Psychock
- Gekogashira is the evolution of Froakie. It is Water Type and becomes ‘slender’, it can learn Bounce
- Garchomp receives a Mega Evolution, it has the ability Sand Force
- Torimian is said to be the white dog we saw in the Pokémon Direct broadcast. Is it Normal Type. It has the Fur Coat ability that halves the damage done by physical attacks. Tormian learns a Fairy Type move called Puppy Dog Eyes, it seems to involve pressing the A button and lowers the opponent’s attack. The Pokémon changes colour and it appears you can change the appearance of the Pokémon.
- Chigorasu is a Rock/Dragon fossil Pokémon, it has the ability Hard Chin which increases the attack power of moves like Crunch, presumably it power up moves the use the Pokémons mouth
- Amarusu is a Rock/Ice fossil Pokémon
- Nyaonikusu is a Psychic Type cat Pokémon, it said to have both male and female forms (these differences are also apparent in the moves the Pokémon can learn - female is more aggressive, while male offers support), as well as either the Infiltrator or Keen Eye ability. The male uses Miracle Eye, while the female uses Extra Sensory
- Flabébé changes the colour of the flower it holds according to where you are
New Abilities and Moves
- The Freeze Skin abilitymakes any Normal Type moves the Pokémon uses change to Ice Type, and also boosts their power
Fairy Type Match-ups and other Type Changes
- Super Effective against Dragon, Fighting and Dark
- Not very effective against Fire, Poison and Steel
- Poison and Steel are Super Effective
- Bug, Fighting and Dark are not very effective
- Dragon is resisted
- Steel no longer resists Dark and Ghost Type attacks.
Characters and Customisation
- Team Flare Scientists (leaders) are Kuseroshiki, Momiji, Bara, Akebi and Kolea
- Bara and Akebi and Momoji are female. Kuseroshiki is “fat” and Kolea is short, both are male.
- You can change your clothes and hairstyle at the salon or boutique, where a famous actor Karune is found and can be battled
- Team Flare wish to create a world of beauty
Mega Evolution Process
- Attach Mega Link to your wrist
- Get the Mega Stone for your Pokémon
- During the battle choose the Mega Stone
- The Pokémon will the Mega Evolve
To comment please click HERE!
This week’s Jump! Magazine reveals Noel Kreiss’ CGI render in Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII.
The article describes Noel as a Shadow Hunter in Luxerion, acting as a vigilante of sorts and maintaining safety in the city, even if it means stopping Lightning and her mission. He is also guilt ridden, as he takes the blame for Etro’s death and chaos consuming the world, as was seen in the ending for Final Fantasy XIII-2.
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII will be available for Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 on February 11, 2014 in North America and February 14, 2014 in Europe.
"Junpei now works as a coach for a schoolboy baseball team."
"Yukari’s been working as an actress in various super-sentai shows."
So basically after defeating the personification of death summoned by humanity’s collective angst, they decided they were going to do something to make sure the next generation grows up happier, dammit!
Way to make sense, Atlus! This fills me with fannish glee, and I don’t even play P4A.
CoroCoro magazine has revealed a new Pokemon mechanic called “Mega Evolution” as well as three new Kalos Pokemon!
- Some Pokemon will now have “Mega” forms which they achieve through a new mechanic called “Mega Evolution.” CoroCoro shows Mega Blaziken, Mega Lucario, Mega Absol, Mega Mawile, Mega Ampharos, and the previously-revealed Mega Mewtwo. They are each of slightly different heights and weights than their normal forms, feature new Abilties, and can be different types.
- A Torchic will be distributed over Wi-Fi from October 12th to January 15th, which can eventually evolve into Mega Blaziken. It comes with a new hold item called “Blazikenite" and will need to use a "Mega Stone.”
- Each of the revealed Mega Pokemon have different Abilities than usual: Mega Blaziken has Speed Boost, Mega Lucario has Adaptability, Mega Absol has Magic Bounce, Mega Mawile has Huge Power, Mega Ampharos has Mold Breaker, and Mega Mewtwo has Insomnia.
- Mega Ampharos is now Electric/Dragon. Mawile has been retyped to Steel/Fairy, as has its Mega form.
- The term “Mega Evolution” was first trademarked back in February.
- A new female Gym Leader named Koruni knows all about Mega Evolutions.
- Gogoat has a pre-evolution named Meikuru, who is 0.9m and 31.0kg.
- Dedenne, the Antenna Pokemon, is an Electric/Fairy type. Its abilities are Pick Up or a new ability called Cheek Pouches. It is 0.2m and 2.2kg.
- Horubii, the Digging Pokemon, is a Normal-type. Like Dedenne it also has the abilities Pick Up or Cheek Pouches. It is 0.4m and 5.0kg.
- The Super Training area is seen in the scan of the new Kalos Pokemon.